7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
» Human Sciences
» Social Sciences
» Political Sciences
SIPRI is an independent international institute dedicated to research into conflict, armaments, arms
disarmament. Established in 1966, SIPRI provides data, analysis and recommendations, based on open
policymakers, researchers, media and the interested public. Based in Stockholm, SIPRI is regularly
the most respected think tanks worldwide.
Vision and mission
SIPRIs vision is a world in which sources of insecurity are identified and understood, conflicts are
resolved, and peace is sustained.
SIPRI’s mission is to:
- undertake research and activities on security, conflict and peace;
- provide policy analysis and recommendations;
- facilitate dialogue and build capacities;
- promote transparency and accountability; and
- deliver authoritative information to global audiences.