» Energy - generation/storage/distribution
» Space & satellite technologies
5. TECHNOLOGIES & MATERIALS
» Protective textiles
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Communication equipment and technologies
» Artificial intelligence/robotics
CTC is a Spanish Technology Centre which carries out its activity as a non-profit research organization. CTC expertise
is devoted to the development of industrial solutions ranging from smart offshore structures, monitoring systems or
advanced materials and coatings, to robotic systems.
CTC’s Advanced Materials and Nanomaterials unit is specialized in the following researching areas:
• Development of nanocomposite materials with improved and tailored properties (mechanical, flame retardant,
UV radiation resistant, radiological protection, electrical , thermal,…) through the integration and optimal dispersion
of nanomaterials (CNT’s, CNF’s, graphene and its derivatives, SiO2, TiO2,…) in different media (polymeric resins,
paints, cement, pastes, water, organic solvents,…).
• Synthesis of graphene and its derivatives. Applications: paints, water decontamination (waste water and water
from nuclear sector), CO2 trapping.
CTC’s Advanced Materials and Nanomaterials laboratory is equipped with several nanomaterials dispersion techniques
(as ultrasound, Three Roll Mill) and of nanomaterials analysis (as atomic force microscopy-AFM). Moreover this lab is
endowed with an advanced drying technique (spray dryer) for processing of materials.
On the other hand, this research unit has collaborated in the development of a plurality of international and national
projects, doing its job in close cooperation with industrial partners in many cases.
CTC’s Industrial Automation and Robotics research unit specializes in the following research lines:
• Development of robots and intelligent systems providing innovative solutions that enable the development of
new high-quality services.
• Hybrid navigation systems that combine multiple sources of information by means of data fusion techniques.
Specialization and technologies:
- Multi-sensor integrated Navigation
- Precise positioning and attitude determination from GNSS raw measurements (Code and Carrier Phase
- Characterization and modeling of navigation sensors.
- Data fusion and estimation techniques (i.e. KF, EKF, UKF, etc.)
- Software design, implementation and analysis under Real-Time specifications.
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Frontier based and Reactive navigation of autonomous vehicles