» Energy - generation/storage/distribution
» Urban planning
» Construction industry
» Transport systems
» Aerospace technologies
» Railway technologies
» Space & satellite technologies
3. FORENSIC SCIENCES
» Forensic technologies
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Navigation, guidance, control and tracking
» Scenario development and decision support
» Foresight systems
» Simulators, trainers and artificial environments
» Testing and validation
5. TECHNOLOGIES & MATERIALS
» Protective textiles
» Detection technologies
» Sensor equipment and technologies
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Artificial intelligence/robotics
» Cyber security
» Software, Data Processing
» Smart Systems
Stam is a fast-growing engineering company that support its clients in addressing new businesses and technology challenges
leveraging on a multidisciplinary expertise and hands-on experience across four main industrial domains: Security and
Transports, Space and Defence, Robotics and Industry 4.0, Sustainability and Circular economy. The firm serves a broad range
of industries, public and private companies, research organizations, and no-profit agencies.
A large part of Stam’s activities is related to security aspects of critical infrastructures. The company has a strong expertise
in: modelling and simulation of crowd behaviour, terrorist attacks, crisis scenarios and management procedures; decision-
support tools based on multi-threat risk assessment for the cyber-physical security of infrastructures, public spaces and
citizens, including interconnections and cascading effects; analysis and simulation of blast effects and consequences.
Stam has also developed a significant experience in EU R&D, with 60+ successful projects since FP4, 10+ of which in the
security field (3 as coordinator), and 30+ H2020 projects currently on-going.
Being Stam a member of several Networks and Clusters at National and International level, and thanks to our wide contacts
networks, we can involve use-cases, sites available for exercises, and a number of stakeholders, from CI owners/operators to
LEAs and first responders, from municipalities and regions to citizens and community-based organizations, from practitioners
and trainers to any additional partners and experts, as needed.
Stam is a key member of the following clusters and institutions:
• EOS, the European Organization for Security.
• AIAD, the Italian industries federation for aerospace, defence and security.
• CTNA, the Italian technological cluster for aerospace.
• START 4.0, the Italian Competence Centre for the Security and Optimization of Strategic Infrastructures, funded by the
Ministry of Economic Development.
• CBRN-P3, the Italian technological, industrial and institutional cluster focused on prevention and protection of the citizens
and the environment from CBRN risks.
• Istituto Affari Internazionali, a non-profit think tank focused on international issues in security, defence, economy and
• SIIT, the Ligurian Technological Network, established thanks to the European Funds for Regional Development.
• SOSIA, the Ligurian R&D cluster focused on systems engineering, cyber-physical security and intelligent automation.
• TRANSIT, the Ligurian R&D cluster focused on automation, security and intermodality in transport and logistics.