» Urban planning
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Policy development
7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
» Social Sciences
» Political Sciences
The main topics concerned with research activities are urban environmental and territorial planning,
evaluation and management of environmental systems with specific reference to the function of an
integrated approach that works in the domain of planning.
-The development of skills, researches, sustainable strategic actions for knowledge, conservation,
enhancement and enjoyment of the National Cultural Heritage; -The contribution, following the
guidelines of the European Union, for the development of a policy of heritage’s socio-economic
-The understanding of natural processes and evaluation of the impact of climate change on
environment, quality and functioning of environmental systems;
-The study of natural hazards, assessment of their interactions, and their impacts on humans and on
environment, the link between the components in the environmental and landscape conservation and
management of sustainability transformation;
-The development of methodologies, tools and methods for monitoring and observation of
-The security and safety as a basic condition for the new urban welfare.
These themes concerned the programs “Heritage”, “Security”, “Energy” and “Environment” of the
ECs 7th FPQ .
Other research fields:
• contexts of urban governance, welfare for the safe and inclusive city;
• innovative actions for sustainability, environment and landscape and their evaluation and
• preparation of regional and national regulations;
• actions for an efficient Mediterranean transport system;
• formalization of the smart city/smart planning.