CAROL I NATIONAL DEFENCE UNIVERSITY (NDU)
68-72, PANDURI STREET
Field of Activity
» Transport systems
4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Scenario development and decision support
» Simulators, trainers and artificial environments
» Testing and validation
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» Intelligence systems
» Cyber security
7. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SCIENCES AND THE HUMANITIES
» Social Sciences
» Political Sciences
» Ethic Research
“Carol I” National Defence University is the most important military higher education institution from Romania. It
was founded in 1889, being one of the sixth staff schools in Europe, along with those in Berlin, Vienna, Paris, Turin
and Brussels at that time.
Currently the main mission of the University is to train leaders and experts, both military and civilian, selected
positions of management and expertise in the fields of security and defence and to develop scientific studies on the
request of top governmental decision-makers.
The research activity conducted within the University focuses on several main areas such as:
- Security Studies, Defence Against Terrorism, Military Sciences and Intelligence, Crisis Management, Pedagogy and
Management of Organizations.
- Communications and Information Systems (CIS) Planning, Information Technology Security, Intelligence and
Information Processing Techniques, Data Base Techniques;
- Logistics, Transportation Systems, Supply Chains, Economic Security, Training of Personnel.
Within the last decade our teaching and research staff participated in more than 50 nationally and internationally
funded research projects.
H2020 Research Focus
- SU-INFRA01-2018-2019-2020: Prevention, detection, response and mitigation of combined physical and cyber threats to critical infrastructure in Europe
- SU-DRS01-2018-2019-2020: Human factors, and social, societal, and organisational aspects for disaster-resilient societies
- SU-FCT03-2018-2019-2020: Information and data stream management to fight against (cyber)crime and terrorism
- SU-BES01-2018-2019-2020: Human factors, and social, societal, and organisational aspects of border and external security
| ||Project Coordinator||Project Partner||Project Acronyms|
|National Security Research Projects||✔||✔||i-doc, MEDSCEN, CPEL, SNMC, SMEFIP, PROSTRACT, SECRIS, IMINT, |
MILCOR, ToR-SIM, SMART Decision,
|Other Security Research Projects ||✔||✔||NATO|
Inserted / Updated
2012-06-06 / 2018-12-12