4. HORIZONTAL ACTIVITIES
» Scenario development and decision support
» Testing and validation
5. TECHNOLOGIES & MATERIALS
» Material Science
6. INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES
» ICT applications
» Intelligence systems
» Artificial intelligence/robotics
» Cyber security
» Software, Data Processing
IDENER is a research SME that investigates in the multidisciplinary field of Computational Science and its
application to the optimization of systems and processes in key areas: Industrial Technologies; ICTs;
Biotechnology; Energy; and Resource and Raw Materials Efficiency.
This approach results in a high added value that sharpens the competitive edge of complex systems by
providing improvements in performance and cost-effectiveness. To that end, IDENER integrates concepts
from four interrelated and complementary areas: Mathematical Modelling and Simulation;
Multidisciplinary Design Optimization; Control Engineering; and Software Engineering.
One of the Company’s research areas is “Industrial Technologies”, where IDENER’s main contributions are:
• Modelling tools to maximize system efficiency.
• Novel algorithms and techniques for intelligent data processing and knowledge extraction.
• Decision making support tools based on optimal planning and scheduling of operations.
• Advanced agent-oriented software and service-oriented architecture middleware.
• ICT support for simplification and real user-friendliness
• Adaptive production system designs for eco-efficient processes and systems.
• Energy efficiency performance measuring systems.
• Novel in-line monitoring and quality inspection systems.
• Maintenance methodologies and approaches based on intelligent data processing techniques.
• Novel self-adaptive system architectures, multi-layer controls and highly redundant measurement.
IDENER has extensive experience in international R&D projects, having coordinated and/or participated
in more than 17 projects funded under European public research programmes (FP7 and H2020) and in
several private actions since 2010.
In cybersecurity field, IDENER has relevant experience and expertise by contributing to H2020 projects in
secure societies. Current activities encompass Audit, pentesting, vulnerability analysis, threat modelling,
code analysis, secure software development methodologies, data confidentiality, blockchain, Data Breach
Monitoring System (DBMS), data flow security, cloud security, IoT security, resilience, data integrity, data
reliability. IDENER wants to further develop cybersecurity activities mainly focusing on awareness control
monitoring, AI (XAI) & cybersecurity, transparency, cyberbiosecurity: cybersecurity and biotech.